Friday, May 21, 2010

"I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired."

I'm so dam sick and tired; of being Sick and Tried! I have been doing and giving my all and it seems to me that unless I bring an end to this case my family is going to just loose our mind.
I cannot understand what is going on with this case; I do know that I keep telling our lawyer to do one thing and that is bring a end to this case; and these people just cannot get over whatever love they have for this poor excuse for a so called mother. This case is going to come to end by one way or another,
I have ask for help; I have asked people to just give the Judge or GAL a call and ask them what is going on, and to date not one person has called. So I will have to take things into my own hands and seek out others who have a love and care for young black children just as much as I do.

I have been told some things over and over; and one is that the GAL can bring this case to a end; and I have been told over and over to just give Zion to Joyce and let her do what she is going to do and then get him back from DCFS. I have said it in so many ways to that 2nd part that we can't and we would not do this. When we became Zion guardian we did this with all our heart.
Ok so what is a guardian and what is their job in this case? I have been asking this so many times and this is what I have been able to come up with under the laws in IL?

The Illinois Probate act defines a "Guardian" as follows: "'Guardian' includes a representative of a minor and a representative of a person under legal disability." 755 ILCS 5/1-2.08. The Illinois Probate system governs guardianships in the State of Illinois. A Guardianship has two separate and distinct forms in Illinois. The Probate Act provides for Guardians for Disabled Adults and Guardians for Minors. In addition, regardless of the ward's status as a minor or a disabled person, a guardian may act in representative capacity over "the person", the "estate of the person" or both.

We have been asked by the Judge and GAL to drive Zion to see Joyce; we have been ask to make our self a slave to Joyce and do whatever we can to make sure that Joyce is able to see Zion as one day she may gets him back.
Now I don't understand how come we were ask this; I can find anywhere does it say that as a Guardian to Zion we also have to take care of Joyce needs. We have to spend our time and money to give Joyce visit with Zion ever weekend. We have been told that it our Job to get Joyce ready to get Zion back and we have been threaten that if we don't do this, then the Judge in this case is going to take Zion and turn him over to DCFS.
I have to ask who would want to be a guarding under these rules. I have to ask what make this case so different from the thousand of guardianship cases in Cook County Probate court. My family dealt with one year of going back and fourth to court in 2008 before we had a trail on what was the best interest for Zion. And after the court found that it was in the best for Zion to stay with us; we found this madness starting all over with once more 2 months after that trail, and this time it has been 2 years.
The Judge in this case should have heard this case some time ago after the 2nd social worker report about this issue. However, it seems to me that my family is being force to go broke trying to save this child life this time around.
Next I have been asking and I want to know what the job of the GAL is? Now the GAL that we had the first time who had to deal with this case took one year and to do a full report on this issue. Now this time around we have had 4 GAL and not one of them have taking the time to do much of anything but talk about how much of a pain that I am. I have had these GAL talk about me like I was the lowest of the lowest.
I use to ask why were these people so up set; were they that mad that I was trying to save a young black child from growing up and knocking someone up side the head later in life; were they that mad that I was trying to make sure that we do not have another little black boy growing up to spend more time in Jail then in school. I have to ask what about me did these people dislike so much that they would let a 2 year old child spend the weekend with someone that was not feeding him; using drugs with him; and just leaving him anywhere that she could drop him off at.
Now; the GAL in the case now has not made one trip out to our house to see how Zion has become a part of our family that loves him and he loves us. She has not made a trip out to see where he spends these weekends at in the worst part of Harvey IL. She has said that at this time she does not have to go out and make a home visit because after all the mother case worker and DCFS put her in the place and they would not put her in a bad place. I wanted to ask her what world she lives in; they are not going to pay for her to live Home wood or Hyde Park. DCFS does not care where she lives; they would put her in a cave if that all they had; so I guess the GAL feels that this would be ok for Zion to live also.
This is what I can find out about what a GAL is said to be and what their job in this case and has the GAL in this case the 2nd time around done what is asked of them.
Guardians ad Litem
Most counties in Illinois require the appointment of a guardian ad litem, a private attorney or trained professional charged with independently advising the court concerning the apparent need for guardianship. Although the process described in the Illinois Probate Act anticipates the appointment of guardians ad litem in all cases, many probate courts will waive this requirement for cause.
It is the duty of the guardian ad litem to report to the court concerning the respondent's best interests. Under the law, if the guardian ad litem is not a licensed attorney, he shall be qualified, by training or experience, to work with or advocate for the developmentally disabled, mentally ill, physically disabled, the elderly, or persons disabled because of mental deterioration, depending on the type of disability that is alleged in the petition. The court may allow the guardian ad litem reasonable compensation.
The guardian ad litem must meet with the respondent and tell him about the pending guardianship proceedings, and try to determine the respondent's position with respect to being adjudicated disabled, the proposed guardian, any changes in residential placement, changes in care that may result from the guardianship, and whatever else the court may deem appropriate. The guardian ad litem files a written report and appears and testifies concerning the appropriateness of guardianship. It is good practice for the petitioner of the petitioner's attorney to discuss the guardianship case with the guardian ad litem prior to the court hearing.
Now the GAL in this case should have done a report by now; the social service report was done over 2 years ago and we still don't have a report for the GAL. I have said it over and over if the GAL feels that Joyce is ready to be a mom to Zion then she needs to do her report and put her name on it and stand behind it.
And until she is force to do this; she is going to keep putting this case and this child well begging on the back burner. Her job it to do what is best for Zion and she does not do this. She is not forcing Joyce to give Zion his Med; she does not even know if Joyce has cloths for Zion; she does not know if Joyce has food for Zion; to tell you the truth she does not even know where Joyce is living now or who lives with her.
When Joyce was arrested for driving a stolen car; this is the same car that the GAL said that she was giving proof that Joyce own and she was not worry about the car and we found out 2 week later that the car was stolen and the GAL was not worry about this also. That why she did nothing when Joyce was caught in the car and gave Joyce 3 day over night after this, Fri to Sun 3 weekends in a row and then tells us that we can have the 4th weekend to do what we want. I ask one more time who is she the GAL for Zion or Joyce?
I have to beg on my hands and knees for someone to just take the time to place one call to the Judge or GAL and ask them why is this case taking so long and why my family is being made the fools out of.
My family has tried to do our best to give one child a chance that he was not going to get on the road that Joyce had him on. We spent one year to get guardianship in this case and I cannot see how come it is taking over 2 year for these people to see that nothing has change in Joyce life but the date. My family has use our last to fight this case in the court and I have never ask one person for one dime to help with this case; all that I have beg for is one phone call.
If you want know anything about this case just look into my blog or give me a call and I will tell you about this case; it not one person that knows this case better then me; I have over 5k sheets of paper that deals with this case and I know these facts by hard and if I cant save this child life it can never be said that I did not give my all in trying to do so.Director of DCFS Mr. McEwen 312-814-1445 or 312-814-4111 Fax# 312 814-1888; Governor Pat Quinn 312-814-2121; Judge Kathleen M McGury 312- 603-6499; Aunt Martha's (708) 747-7100 (this is who started all this) . The next court date is on 08/06/10 at the Daley Center Rm. 1806 at 11:30 am Case Number: 2007P005201 (lets bring in the light. If you would like to know more about this please call (708-819-0619), email (riv1906@hotmail.com) or look at my blog (http://mahdee-2yearinhellwithdcfs.blogspot.com/). Does one truly have to wonder or question why we have so many young black children killing each other in the streets of ....Chicago....? It is unfortunate that Children are going from DCFS to DOC and then ending DOA.

No comments:

Post a Comment