Friday, May 25, 2018

Link Child

I have about one hour to it down, and breath as this has been a week for the books. I was in court today, and the Adoption Judge said that we must go back to the probate judge to get her to give us Zion back. That is right the Judge in Courtroom 1806 took Zion from us because I was not in court last Friday.
Now, one of my boys told me that he would have gone to court and miss his son graduation. Now, I did not think she was going to take Zion form us. I was ready to go into Cook County lock up, and I was going in with a smile as I was there to see my son walk across that stage.
Now, my guy that told me that he would have gone to court and miss this one in a lifetime is the issue that we (black folks) have. Too many sisters are having babies with part-time men. Yes, part-time, he comes on the weekend and buy some shoes and think that makes him a dad.
Hell, no it does not make you a dad, just as it does not make you a mom. I must go pick up 4 of my baseball team members tonight as they do not have a way to the game. Now I do not ask why or where the dads in their lives are as I just step up and do my best to be a dad for them in this way.
I talk to my guys on the team about school and other issues that a father or man might deal with. I do this because I am sorry my sister a nation is only as strong as it men! Yes, this is true we are only as strong as the men that lead us, and the problem is that too many time we have some weak men leading or women who do not want to be lead.
I cannot say anything about the Adoption Judge or GAL as they seem to have Zion best at hand and in the right world the probate court would have taken a step back and let the adoption process play out. However, that Judge in 1806 knows that she cannot hurt me with jail or death, she hurt me in the only way she knew.
Now I stood in her court, and from her mouth, she said that if she feels that Zion is not better with us, she will send him into DCFS care. Now, some have asked why? Why is the birth mom fighting us like this; well easy Link and Cash, she will get more food stamps, and she will get some cash from public aid. Now, this is nothing, but for a person that makes about $15k a year, it is millions.
She does not want to work; she does not want Zion back to give him a better life, she wants him back to get food stamps. So, I am sorry when I talk about our system and how it is set up to keep poor folks mental poor; well like a baby on the breast of it mom; we have family sucking off the same nipple for years.
So, when my family must go into our life saving and fight to save Zion, you better know that we take it personally. I am trying to save my Son from the streets; I am trying to keep him from being out there and putting a gun to your head or taking the life of your child. I do it all myself as I am Dad and it is my job to Fix things

No comments:

Post a Comment