Sunday, May 20, 2018

Prayer Without Work is Uselessness

We have a society that is said to be made up of rules and laws as it is these rules and laws that keep us from becoming what we use to be. However, how do you respect or follow those rules and laws when they are not applied equally.
I want to note that he loves his children and they know this and he gives his life to protect them. He wants to first and foremost apologize to the system for not being in court on Friday. However, the court tied his hand and used judicial blackmail; by making him choose to see his once in a lifetime walking across the state and getting his high school diploma or being in a courtroom where the outcome was already predetermined.
All that Mahdee Muhammad was asking for was three days, one week or for that case 48 hours to attend his son’s graduation and be in court after. To tell him that he had to also choose the life of one son over another was not fair. It is not overstating the facts; to say that the minor Z.W life was at hand. The probate court seems to be so focuses on Mahdee Muhammad that they never ask the question who would keep him, what type of environment he would be in and how would it emotional affect him to miss his bother graduation.
There are some that say that these are not his brother, we are not his mom and dad; however, if this court or the GAL, in this case, sit down with the minor Z.W they will get to know that he knows who we are and he loves us as we love him and he did not want to miss his brothers big day as he has seen his two brothers and sister cross a total of eight stages and he wanted to see his bother cross his 2nd  for the total of nine.
The court order Mahdee Muhammad not to talk to the minor about the issues; just tell him nothing, take him downtown and drop him off like he was a pet that I was going to put into the shelter while he was away. The minor Z.W. wanted to leave out early as he missed his mom, and family. He talks about taking his dog down to play with his cousin and how his brother was going to Jackson State in the fall.
I have talked about going to jail on social media, and if I must go to jail for protection my son and seeing my other son walk across that stage, I go with my head up high as Jail does and will not define the man, father, and husband that I have been.  I am a man I give my life for those that I love and if I have to give my freedom let it be such, and I accept what this court gives me.
On Saturday, May 19, 2018, I watch my son cross that stage, and I had tears in my eyes, as I know that I have done all that I can to put that one on the right path and I have one more to go, and I will give my life before I let an unjust system take him. I will do all that I can to make sure no court or anyone sees anyone of my boys and girl on the news at 10.
It has not been one person from the GAL’s in the probate case, to the cook county dept of Adoption that thinks Z.W. should be removed from the only family he knows and loves and loves him just the same.  I have been told so many times to just give the minor Z.W. to the birth mother Joyce Washington, and she will do something, she will leave him somewhere, or she will do this or that. Well, he is not a text subject that we can just put out there and see how it works out.
To some they do not see him as we do, as they have not been up all times of night when he was sick, they have not spent days in the sun and rain to teach him how to catch a pop up; they have not invested all that they have to make sure this little black child has a chance, and if this court needs to sit down with Z.W. and talk to him one-on-one they will see that he is more mature than his 12 years.   
I hate that I must fight this fight alone and have done all that I can do to get help, and it is not about money as I will sell my soul to the devil to pay for one. It is and has sorry to say been about one fact; the fact is that Z.W. is just a little black boy and to some, they do not see him as anything but a number.  I do not sit up a pray for anything as prayer without work is uselessness.
So, I have put my mind body and soul in a position to go to jail as this is the only way to open up the doors and let the light in. As the judge got her payback and she hurt me in the only way she could; as to send me to jail does not hurt me as I am a teacher and to teach some young men who did not have a father in their life is a gift for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment