Thursday, October 25, 2018

Captain of my soul

To my Black Family; Clear People love Trump, just as much as you all love Obama.
Think about that, and do not tell me they are Night and Day; they both did and will do nothing to help Black folks; they both will not put a Black person on the high court. They both will not sign a bill that will help black people. Close your Eyes and tell me in your day to day life that affects your personal what has changed in the life of black folks?
Are we that dumb to think that Clear people calling the police on us are new? They were shooting us than and now. The Dumb stuff that Trump is saying does not affect me; I like it as it shows the world that not all Clear men are smart. Did you all know that Pell Grants have gone up? Nope, you did not, do you know anything about what has come out to help students pay for school? Nope, you do not.
Now, I know about these things as I have two still in school working on degrees and I am still in. We want to jump on the bandwagon on issues that do not affect us. Do you think it will hurt black folks if they saw an end to Roe v? No, it will not as this is not going to stop a beat, as we are still going to have too many sister having babies they do not need.
Food Stamps do not make me laugh; there are still getting the link go to the store at the first of the month, and broke, go to the club on Thursday or Saturday. Shopping; Oh no I was in Walmart, and the store was pack with sister getting candy and stuff for the 31st. 
I do not get caught up in the Black and White party as a Black man does it make a difference to me what color the man looks like when he has his foot on my neck? When I go into the store and shop, it is not clear folks watching me; they are not checking me out policing my shopping, they do not stand there and tell me that I cannot return something after 30 days and I have the paperwork for it.
It was not a Clear person that let the Judge take Zion from us.  As the man that is her boss looks just like me and he could have stepped in and put a stop to this, as he wants to say that he does not have that power and I know for a fact that he has the ability to review all decision.
The woman that runs CVLS might not look like me, but she is a minority, and she knew for a fact that what David was doing was wrong. It was people that are in my family that lied for Joyce in court; not clear people.
So, for me at this point in my life, I do not have time to get caught up in the black and white and trump is hard on black people, name me someone in that office that was good for us? In cook county jail there are about 90% of men in there that look like me lock up, and each office in this county that put them there has a Black person running them; has anything change from when it was clear folks running it?
Just because someone looks like me, does not say that they think like me; or for that like me as I am sure it is a lot of them that hate me. I do not want black folks to get caught up in the mind games, let’s not go for the smoke and mirror; they let one of us run the state and has no power.
I do not know why is on Tom J right now, but he is a Black man that played football, and right now he is doing something and wrote a book never shut up by Marcellus Wiley well he was asked about taking a knee, and he said what he should have as he wants to keep getting his paycheck.
Now, I ask the question what the difference from the Slaves that Jump off the Ships and are dead at the bottom of the sea and those that walk around today (as black folks are still slaves)?
Those slaves that jump off the ship got to choose how and why their life ended; most of these slaves walking around today do not. I want to be the master of my faith, I want to be the captain of my soul; I do not want anyone else to tell me when it is time to lay down and die, I want to choose how I live and how I die as best as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment